Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office
- 4:07 a.m.: A man was arrested on suspicion of dealing drugs when a search of his vehicle on the 8500 block of Highway 9 in Felton turned up 1.2 grams of cocaine under the driver’s seat.
- 4:50 a.m.: A woman was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness on the first block of Grand View Avenue in Felton.
- 11:20 p.m.: Deputies arrested two men on the 13100 block of Central Avenue in Boulder Creek on suspicion of public drunkenness and for outstanding misdemeanor warrants.
- 11 p.m.: Someone damaged the back door of Peachwood’s, 555 Highway 17, apparently while trying to get inside. Nothing was reported missing from the restaurant.
- 11:57 a.m.: Three men and a woman were arrested at Covered Bridge Park in Felton on suspicion of public drunkenness.
- 4 p.m.: Someone reportedly broke a window and burglarized a vehicle at the intersection of Empire Grade Road and Heller Drive in Bonny Doon.
- Noon: A vacation home on the 14900 block of Two Bar Road in Boulder Creek was reportedly burglarized, and several items were reported missing.
Scotts Valley Police Department
- 6:11 p.m.: Two juveniles were found to be in possession of illegal fireworks on the 300 block of Kings Village Road. The two were warned and the fireworks were confiscated and packaged for disposal.
- 4:19 a.m.: A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness on Granite Creek Road when officers spotted him standing in the middle of the road on the Highway 17 overpass.
- 8:01 a.m.: The skate park on the 300 block of Kings Village Road was shut down for three days, as city rules require, because someone vandalized the concrete with gold spray paint.
- 1:13 a.m.: A 35-year-old man was arrested during a vehicle stop on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road when officers allegedly found a wooden club, drugs and drug paraphernalia in his possession.
- 9:37 a.m.: Restrooms were vandalized with spray paint at a park on the 100 block of Lundy Lane, according to reports.
California Highway Patrol
July 4 and 5
According to officer Grant Boles, the California Highway Patrol arrested five motorists in Santa Cruz County on suspicion of driving under the influence during the afternoon and evening of the July Fourth holiday and the early morning of July 5. That number was nearly identical to the number arrested a year earlier. Statewide, according to Boles, nine people were killed in alcohol-related traffic accidents, and 497 motorists were arrested on suspicion of drunken driving during the same period this year. .
- This column includes items reported in dispatch logs of the listed agencies and records of the California Highway Patrol and area fire departments. Additional information may be based on reports from other agencies and officers. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty, and charges may have been added or dropped as of publication.