Ben Lomond house fire extinguished
by Peter Burke
Apr 08, 2013 | 2086 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A small home on the 800 block of Fanning Grade in Ben Lomond suffered major smoke damage after a wooden chair or box caught on fire on Monday morning.
A small home on the 800 block of Fanning Grade in Ben Lomond suffered major smoke damage after a wooden chair or box caught on fire on Monday morning.
slideshow
A small home in Ben Lomond was saved when a neighbor heard a smoke alarm going off inside the house and reported a fire to Ben Lomond Fire District which promptly arrived on scene and put out the blaze.
A small home in Ben Lomond was saved when a neighbor heard a smoke alarm going off inside the house and reported a fire to Ben Lomond Fire District which promptly arrived on scene and put out the blaze.
slideshow
A small house fire in Ben Lomond was quickly contained by local firefighters this morning.

The blaze was reported at 9:12 a.m. Monday morning at 808 Fanning Grade in Ben Lomond. No one was home at the time but a neighbor heard a smoke alarm chirping and found a small fire inside the house. 

Within seven minutes crews from Ben Lomond Fire District were on the scene and quickly quelled the blaze that had not spread to much of the house, said Chief Stacie Brownlee.

"The (neighbor) didn't open the door," Brownlee said. "So the fire didn't get any oxygen." 

Oxygen causes a fire to burn hotter and more quickly.

However, Brownlee said, there was heavy smoke damage to the approximately 700-square foot home. 

A wooden chair or box left in front of a wall heater appeared to be the cause of the fire, Brownlee said. 

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet


We encourage your online comments in this public forum, but please keep them respectful and constructive. This is not a forum for personal attacks, libelous statements, profanity or racist slurs. Readers may report such inappropriate comments by e-mailing the editor at pbeditor@pressbanner.com.