• A convicted child molester on parole was arrested on suspicion of driving while drunk after his Nissan Sentra flipped on Lompico Road in Lompico. Larry Sandoval Valdez, 49, of Felton, was driving southbound near Lake Boulevard at about 2 p.m. when he swerved off the pavement and up an embankment. Valdez, who has had multiple DUIs, climbed out of the wreckage but was taken to Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz for treatment after he was arrested on suspicion of driving drunk with a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit. Valdez is in Santa Cruz County Jail without bail.
Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office May 1
• Someone entered a Boulder Creek home without permission at 11 a.m. on the 18200 block of China Grade Road. April 30
• Someone entered a home through an unlocked bathroom window and stole several pieces of jewelry at 12:25 p.m. on the 20 block of Lakeside Avenue in Felton.
• A man was found in possession of 0.7 grams of methamphetamine, a glass pipe and marijuana at midnight on the 7000 block of Highway 9 in Felton.
Scotts Valley Police Department April 29
• A woman told police she was sexually assaulted by her former fiancé, who also threatened her family and told her to lie about the assault, at 11 p.m. in northern Scotts Valley. The case was forwarded to the district attorney’s office.
• A bike was stolen at 11:45 a.m. on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road.
• Police discovered two sandwich bags of marijuana when they stopped a vehicle with a broken headlamp at 11:11 p.m. on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road. The 23-year-old driver was cited and released. April 27
• A man was slapped several times by his stepfather but chose not to press charges at 9:30 a.m. in northern Scotts Valley. April 26
• Police searched a teenager at Hocus Pocus Park and found marijuana at 4:54 p.m. on the 100 block of Lundy Lane. The teen was arrested and released to a parent.
• A guest at a halfway house stole another person’s cell phone at 9 a.m. on the 100 block of Mount Hermon Road.
• This column includes items reported in dispatch logs of the listed agencies and records of the California Highway Patrol and area fire departments. Additional information may be based on reports from other agencies and officers.