The Scotts Valley High School girls’ beach volleyball team beat Harbor High School, 4-1, in its opening duel match of the Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League (SCCAL) season.
The scores were as following:
- No. 1 slot (Svea anderson and Hannah Fleming): Scotts Valley, 21-8, 21-17
- No. 2 slot (Joelle Andrews and Kylie O’connor): Scotts Valley, 21-9, 21-8
- No. 3 slot (Sydney Inman and Elise Bullard): Scotts Valley, 21-14, 23-21
- No. 4 slot (Kate shilling and Kayla brown): Harbor, 21-17, 21-16
- No. 5 slot (Taylor Spence and Olivia Pisciotta): 17-21, 21-15, 15-12
SLV 16, St. Francis 10 (OT) >> Justin Sizemore scored on a 2-yard touchdown run in overtime and the Cougars outlasted the Sharks to start the SCCAL season with a win on March 20.
Jaden Hunter also ran for a touchdown, and Andrew Gudnason kicked a 35-yard field goal to send the game into overtime.
SLV (1-0, 1-0) travels across the valley Saturday to play rival Scotts Valley High School at 2 pm.
Scotts Valley 35, Soquel 12 >> The Falcons cruised to their second win of the season in a romp over the Knights on March 20.
The Falcons (2-0, 2-0) have outscored their opponents 47-12 over the first two games. They will host rival San Lorenzo Valley High School Saturday at 2pm.