62.6 F
Scotts Valley
July 26, 2024

Chasing a goal

Students circled the track Wednesday, Dec. 9, during a Turkey Trot fundraiser by Michele Sanguinetti’s third-grade class at Vine Hill Elementary School in Scotts Valley.

New Faces

• Ellie Diane Smith was born at 4:21 a.m. Nov. 22, 2009, to Elizabeth Diane (Fox) and Jason Michael Hammond Smith of Felton. She weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces at Sutter Maternity and Surgery Center in Santa Cruz.

Let’s Go Fishing: A tour off Baja is a fishing trip to remember

It is not often you get an invite to fish your way down the Baja coastline aboard a sport fishing yacht.

Mountain Gardener: Christmas cacti are a perfect plant for the season

Every year, I’m amazed how many flowers appear almost overnight on my Christmas cacti. They bloom their heads off, despite little care on my part. The show will continue for a month or more. They are the perfect plant, in my opinion.

The Wine Lover: A spirited gift

What is Christmas without wine? Wine has been an important part of the Christmas tradition for hundreds of years. Even Jesus himself enjoyed a glass here and there.

It’s the Law: ‘Chicken Man’ tackles feathered nuisance

Some years ago, my wife, Renae, put our baby daughter in a pack and went to take a walk. But pecking and pooping peacefully upon our lawn was a flock of common domestic fowl whose mortal enemy is a colonel in Kentucky.

New Faces: Meet the newest members of our community

• Sami Logan Belville-Powell was born at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 17, 2009, to Katie Colleen Belville and Travis Paris Powell of Boulder Creek. He weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces at Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz.

Spotlights: A sidewalk art sale, with a taste of wine and chocolate

Felton businesses invite folks to downtown art, sidewalk sale

Club Roundup: The latest news from area service clubs

Kiwanis Club of Scotts Valley

SOCIAL MEDIA

2,479FansLike
7FollowersFollow
762FollowersFollow

Scotts Valley roller derby team wins second consecutive national title

Scotts Valley’s Santa Cruz Derby Groms female division team, the Gromshells, claimed their second consecutive Junior Roller Derby Association (JRDA) National Championship on July...